Monday, March 26, 2012

Glitterized Mason Jar

One night on Pinterest, I stumbled upon a variety of sparkly DIY projects.  With my current obsession with mason jars, I thought it would be a good idea to blend the two and make a glitterized mason jar for my bathroom.  Every girl needs a sparkly item in their bathroom!

What you will need:
Mod Podge Gloss
Glitter- I used Yellow Gold Martha Stewart Glitter
Mason Jar or other glass cup
Plastic Fork
Plastic Cup
Paper Towels

Directions:
First, mix 2 parts glitter with 1 part mod podge in plastic cup.  Mix well with fork to incorporate the glitter with the mod podge.

Next, pour the glittery mixture into the mason jar.  Tilt the jar around slowly until the entire inside is coated evenly.  Hold upside-down for a few minutes to let everything drip out.

Place the jar upside-down on a paper plate and let dry.  Lift the jar off a few times so it doesn’t stick to the plate.  Let dry for 24-48 hours.

Admire your glittery jar!  Now use it as a makeup brush holder, toothbrush holder, or pen holder.


I also made a glittery perfume tray by painting the glitter mixture onto a clear plastic plate.  Perfect for a nightstand or bathroom accent.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Blonde Bingo!

    Loving this blog post!

    Quick question, I am looking for mason jars that I can use to put food in, where can I find those?

    I went to Michael's but they said for arts and crafts only.

    Thanks for the help!

    -Simply Stunning Weddings and Events

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi kristina. I Just bought 12 Mason Jars for 6 dollars at walmart. It comes in a big case. They also have the larger ones for canning and i believe its about 12 dollars. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kristina,

    I would try a grocery store!

    Maybe Micheal's has to say that you can't use them for food because they aren't "sanitized" for canning things?

    Another alternative would be to use those jars with the lids that are connected and have the clasp. Very cute and seals tight to store food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so so adorable! i love it! xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great DIY, you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. About how much glitter did you have to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ratio I used was 2 parts glitter, 1 part mod podge!

      Delete